Jason Canales, Esq.
Jason Canales handles complex commercial and securities matters in federal and state courts, and before arbitration tribunals. He also defends clients in administrative proceedings before regulatory agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, and the New York Attorney General’s Office.
Over the course of his career, Jason has litigated business disputes on behalf of individuals and corporations across a wide range of industries. Some of the types of cases Jason has handled include:
- Business torts, breach of contract, breach of non-competition agreements, and violations of state and federal statutes such as the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
- Defense of securities enforcement proceedings and investigations before the Securities and Exchange Commission involving allegations of insider trading, market manipulation, deceptive market timing and late trading and failure to supervise
- Business divorce and real property partition actions
- Disputes concerning the purchase and sale of commercial real estate
- Defense of administrative proceedings and investigations by regulatory agencies such as the New York Attorney General’s Office
- Disputes concerning wrongful termination of employment and failure to pay wages in accordance with Federal and state laws.
- University of Miami School of Law
- Stony Brook University
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra